History of the SnarkDreams Consortium
The following is a history of the changes and
previous versions of the SnarkDream Consortium and its divisions.
A change in the units place (v*.00) designates a change in address
or a major overhaul of the entire site. A change is the tenths place
(v0.*0) either designates a change in layout or structure that effects
the entire site or else a major change in one division.
A change in the hundredths place (v0.0*) designates a small
change or update in one of the divisions. The date notes the day the
corresponding changes went public (uploaded to the server).
v5.0 -- 18 Jun 2013
- Changed hosting providers from Rhyton to GoDaddy (1/10 the price).
v4.6 -- 07 Jun 2011
- Link rot continues as the Web ages, so swept out some dead links.
- No major changes; mostly just looking things over and seeing what's here.
- I wouldn't mind sprucing up some things (Times New Roman is so 2001!), but I guess I'll
just leave them be.
v4.5 -- 02 Jun 2011
- Removed Previous Work section, since it was down to only two sites--my mom's and my own.
- This is (hopefully) the first step of an overhaul to 5.0.
v4.41 -- 10 Jun 2009
- Added RPG Settings
- Moved all RPG content into its own section (since it was about 1/2 of all Creative Projects)
v4.40 -- 11 Aug 2007
- Overhauled Webdesign subsite (to 3rd version). Only a single placeholder page now, listing prices and previous work. Probably won't change it again. With respect to its history: finally separated structure and style (though CSS is embedded in the page header to speed loading).
v4.32 -- 15 Jun 2007
- Added Zludge Roleplaying Game System
v4.31 -- 01 Apr 2007
- Added Design Ideas for a Space MMO
v4.30 -- 15 Sep 2006
- Split off http://zach.tomaszewski.name as my Professional webspace. (Apparently the search engines had picked up on this match with snarkdreams.com/personal/, because now I'm getting a lot of errors in the log for files that no longer exist under z.t.name. Guess that's the drawback of parking on top of another domain.)
- A bit of tweaking of the Emporium to be my Personal webspace. Some minor cosmetic overhauling of main pages, and the culling of a few dead links.
- Added Tellurian Tales sub site.
- Added Summer Adventures page.
v4.24 -- 28 Jan 2004
- In an odd burst of interest, finally (3 years in the coming!) have a log analyzer up and running. Also created a favicon.ico and a robots.txt file, largely so requests for them would stop filling up my error log.
- Added a link and changed Joe R's name. Added a note that, someday, we might be back with an improved site.
v4.23 -- 14 Oct 2003
Emporium of Oddities
- Added the Photographic Retrospect to my Bio.
v4.22 -- 24 Sept 2003
Emporium of Oddities
- Moved central style sheet to /personal. (Was formally in root directory, which meant it couldn't be found when /personal was reached as zach.tomaszewski.name.)
v4.21 -- 26 Aug 2003
Emporium of Oddities
- Major renovation over the last couple months. Restructured the main Emporium page, producing Links pages for most links.
Stripped out all legacy <font> tags out of footers and poems pages.
Linked most pages to a central style sheet.
Deleted most nav links up to the Consortium, allowing for the modular use the zach.tomaszewski.name domain for the Emporium. Even reshaped the Consortium page a little.
- Removed all legacy <font> tags. Updated email addresses with @ entity for @ to cut down spamming.
v4.11 -- 13 Apr 2003
- Closed all orders. The update is nearly complete except for the Store part, but still to busy to bring it to full fruition. It can't really be a year that I've been closed! Come June, perhaps I can finally revitalized this site.
v4.10 -- 02 Apr 2003
Emporium of Oddities
- Added the solution to The Koshan Conspiracy.
v4.09 -- 25 Oct 2002
Emporium of Oddities
- Cleaned out a few dead links, especially things to do with mp3s. Add one or two links.
Hadn't touched Emporium in over a year. <sigh> The Shisha Exports updates stalls at 2/3 done.
v4.08 -- 31 May 2002
- Suspended orders for shisha tobacco since Kagi closed down that part of my order form. They are concerned about accidentally selling to minors.
v4.07 -- 11 Apr 2002
- Added some to the Shisha Recipe search. (There were a few other additions in the last few months.) Basically, this whole site has become very neglected, and I have so many ideas, but no time. Soon, soon!
v4.06 -- 09 Jul 2001
- Pulled the notice that I'd be on vacation and so orders would be delayed (put up at the end of May).
- Added a couple Patricia Smith poems to Page O' Poems.
- Added a link to theunderdogs.org.
v4.05 -- 21 Apr 2001
- Added another email to the "Search for Shisha Recipe" page. Also a couple of Tips.
v4.04 -- 24 Mar 2001
- Added more emails to the "Search for Shisha Recipe" page. Also a couple of Tips.
- Swapped some poems on Page O' Poems.
- Removed a couple links here and there, such as the Quoter and "a few beautiful, unattainable women"
- Emporium needs more life, or purpose, or something. Right now I feel like redesigning everything, but don't have the time.
v4.03 -- 24 Jan 2001
- Added more emails to the "Search for Shisha Recipe" page.
v4.02 -- 20 Jan 2001
- Updated contact info (finally) and increased the Base Fee, Per Page, Maintenance, and Hosting prices
- Renamed from "Webpage Design" to "Website Design" as a sign of a focus more on backend, complete e-commerce solutions rather than just pretty pages.
v4.01 -- 15 Jan 2001
- Added a quick "Search for Shisha Recipe" page. This is the first SE site change in almost six months. Horrible! I keep telling myself that the change is coming...
v4.0 -- 18 Nov 2000
The domain name finally transferred to the new server with Rhyton.com, and so uploaded everything.
Though there is not much change involved with this move per se, there is much planned.
Major updates of Shisha Exports and Webpage Design are to follow soon. This is the beginning of
another SnarkDreams phase of development.
v3.37 -- 28 Oct 2000
- I am changing the numbering system. Though the description at the top of the page will still fit, a change in the tenths place will now reset the hundredths place to zero. (Ex: 3.37 goes to 3.40). This is not as unambiguous as the old system (what will 3.39 to 3.40 now signify?), but I find it more intuitive and more like the traditional software version numbering system.
- Checked links, removing a few changed or dead ones.
- Added a few more, especially in the "Finding a server" section of Web.
- Generally getting back into the swing of things.
Note: It's been a long time. Since the last update, I've moved to Hawaii, purchased a new computer, got it fixed and working, and then outfitted it. Finally back to the online life again!
v3.36 -- 22 Jul 2000
- Finished removing <FONT face=""> from a few errant pages and made more changes so that old pages (especially in /poems/) now validate.
Consortium, Emporium, Shisha Exports, Webdesign
- Everything finally validates! Joyous celebration.
v3.26 -- 18 Jul 2000
Emporium, Shisha Exports
- Removed all <FONT face=""> and <BASEFONT> tags, so now most SD pages have bodies free of fonts, except for relative size changes, some required headings, the navigational footers, and those fonts instantiated through CSS.
- Moved Webstuff into its own directory as I plan to add more pages concerning search engines.
- Updated the Webstuff: Fonts page to discuss all the font work.
- Added Search Engine Run to Webstuff.
- Added many e-commerce links and more, with a light cleaning up of unused links.
v3.16 -- 10 Jul 2000
- A few small updates to actually have valid HTML (took this long: sheesh!).
- Played around with CSS and <FONT> and still can't decide what I'm doing. Works fine
now on browsers newer that 3.0, but what about old stuff or mobile? If bgcolor or font color is not supported, the page becomes unreadable. But <FONT> is overriding the CSS, so that makes it pretty hard to do much. Gotta further look into this issue.
v3.15 -- 22 Jun 2000
- Updated the What's New, added some Tips, and adjusted the weight of round coals.
- Adjusted the weight on Kagi too.
- Added a link to Eurolines, something I've been meaning to do for months (all that for one stupid link?)
- Went through most of links, removing a couple and updating one.
- Fixed that "link-wrapping, no centering" thing by sticking them in a table. I don't know why it was such a problem before.
v3.14 -- 06 Jun 2000
- Redesigned the Webpage webpage, cutting out a lot of unnecessary text, converting all prices to dollars, and giving the site a new look. Also changed directory name from "webpage" to "webdesign," which is more descriptive but may cause a few broken links until I get them all changed. Had problems with the style sheets, but mostly sorted out. Biggest problem now: links slide around the bottom of the right table on index.html if fonts are too big. Perhaps get around to fixing that in a later update.
Note: The long break since the last update was due to a vacation in Europe. Maybe I'll get that story on here someday.
v3.04 -- 9 Mar 2000
- Added Beseen credit card processing link in Webstuff
- Sidenote: removed everything from snarkdreams.homepage.com
(last updated at v2.04) except for the main indexes, which now point
to their corresponding indexes here at snarkdreams.com.
v3.03 -- 4 Mar 2000
- Added the "Do some traveling" section of links, removing the
old "Places to go."
- Added "Dirty Sole Society" link.
v3.02 -- 15 Feb 2000
- Added link to Kagi order processing (finally!!)
- Changed email address to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Added Origin of SnarkDreams page and put a link to it from
Consortium as well.
- Added <BR clear="right"> preceding pictures in Three Days of
Departure in order to control layout. Makes the initial font issue
obsolete since I can now control regardless of size.
- Expounded more on all of this in Webstuff: Fonts
- Changed email address
v3.01 -- 11 Feb 2000
- Discovered HTML validation and so did the following:
- Corrected valigns in tables from "center" to "middle"
- Moved all block level <FONT> tags to inline levels where
they're supposed to be. Otherwise used <BASEFONT>.
- (All of snarkdreams.com/hookah/ now validates.)
- Added some Webstuff links on copyright and HTML validation
v3.0 -- 31 Jan 2000
- Copied everything to www.snarkdreams.com (whoo-hoo!)
v2.14 -- 31 Jan 2000
Consortium, Emporium, Shisha Exports, & Webpage Design
- Put little footers on every page with copyright notice, date last
edited, directory/nav information, and snarkdreams.com address
(took forever too!)
- Also erased stray </font> tags and made sure all font tags
were stated wherever possible as face="Geneva, Times New Roman". Hopefully
that will mean roughly the same typeface size on all machines and so
the same picture layout, etc.
- Played around with the SunDial logo, went smaller; plan to
center headers or else align=right.
- Put the SunDial on all poem pages
- Removed all <pre> tags from poems and <br>ed each line
instead (well, except for "My Maze Acrostic" where spacing was actually
important)(standardizing is a bitch, but I think in the long run it'll
pay off)(hopefully this will all work as intended)
- Changed "Designs" to "Design"
- Contemplated how much I now dislike this page and how terribly it
renders on Mosaic (and so possibly many other browsers)
v2.04 -- 30 Jan 2000
- Changed main page, dropping the infamous "beaver" graphic from
Webpage Designs. Went for a complex table instead that fits into the
screen at 800x600. Kept the little hookah graphic though.
v2.03 -- 29 Jan 2000
- Added standardizing font tags throughout
- Broke down large structural tables into many single-rowed tables
to better control text layout across platforms
- Reduced size of purple header GIF to allow screen-wide rendering
at all resolutions (even though I hate 640x480)(portability over
beauty though, dammit).
v2.02 -- 22 Jan 2000
- Small pictures added for each division
- Contact information updated (Wow, was it ever outdated! Gave
fortunecity address. Sheesh.)
v2.01 -- 10 Jan 2000
- This version history added
- Webstuff part of index greatly expanded and moved to separate page
- Font Sizes and Color Codes pages added
- Some dead and useless links removed
- "Jenny's Birthday Present" added (originally created Aug 1999)
- Consortium of Oddities renamed to Emporium of Oddities
- Shisha Exports added
- All three pages (Webpage Design, Shisha, Emporium) combined as SD Consortium
- Moved to snarkdreams.homepage.com
- SnarkDreams Consortium of Oddities located at
- SnarkDreams Webpage Design located at