- Instead of -4, the penalty is only -2 if not proficient in a Simple or Martial weapon, or an improvised weapon equivalent to another (such as using a chair leg as a club). Penalty is still -4 for non-proficient exotic weapons and improvised weapons (such as beer mugs and complete chairs).
- As normal, penalty for weapons of the wrong size are -2 per size difference (within reason). If the weapon is equivalent to a normal sized weapon (such as DMG p27), penalty is only -1 per size diff.
- Armor Spikes: On Light or Medium armor do only 1d4 (rather than 1d6).
- +Brass knuckles; leather spiked gauntlet: Deals dmg equivalent to unarmed strike, but lethal dmg: bludgeoning for knuckles, piercing for gauntlets. Attack is armed, so does not provoke AoO. -1 to weapons used in that hand, though masterwork removes this penalty.
- Club (Cudgel): Can be padded to deal non-lethal dmg.
- Crossbow, Repeating: Treated as a martial weapon, but deals only 1d6 for light and 1d8 for heavy with a range of 60 and 100 feet respectively. (Sturdy/Exotic versions still possible.)
- +Knife: As dagger, but slashing.
- Quarterstaff: Can be made of softer wood or padded to deal non-lethal dmg.
- +Throwing knife/dagger: As dart.
- Heavy Bracers: As per a single buckler (but spread over two arms). Takes up both the shield and the bracers body slots (meaning most Wonderous Item bracers cannot be worn at the same time). Attacking with both hands (but not with only one) negates the AC bonus. Gives -1 to weapon use (as per buckler) unless of masterwork quality.
- Characters should expect to earn roughly 1 gp per 1 XP. Due to various operating expenses (about 10%), character wealth should be about 0.9 x current XP levels.
- Coins weigh 1 pound per 50 (not 10) coins. Assume coins are the size of a quarter. Larger or smaller coins are likely from different nations and time periods, but they would still be valued based on their total weight.